Last updated: Nov 21, 2023
The KitchenOwl applications, including the Android, iOS, Web, Windows, macOS, and Linux applications, and websites, including homepage, and documentation, do not send any data to any service without your authorization.
We love open-source software, thus we will never monetize or sell your information, and this service and software will always stay free and open.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What data does the landing page (this website) use?
We use the open source Plausible Analytics routed and self-hosted through our
stats subdomain to count website visits, downloads, etc. No cookies are used, and no personal data is stored.
What data does the application use?
- Local preferences
- Online cloud service credentials:
- Cloud service URI
- Tokens for authentication
The application does not use any third-party tracking APIs.
What data does the cloud service use?
What data can the server owner see?
- All information provided during the sign-up process, including but not limited to your username and email address.
- Information about any device that connects to the server, including but not limited to the device’s operating system, browser, and IP address.
- This information is stored for up to 30 days after the device was last used.
- All content you upload and store inside the application including images.
How can I delete my data?
- If you use the default cloud service, you can head to the account deletion page by going to Settings, User, “more”, then “Delete account”. Once you confirm the action your account and any data associated with it will be irreversibly deleted.
- Households may not be deleted if other members are present.
Links to Other Websites
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian, and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.